5/21/14

HELL...But Only if You Meet The Conditions

As I've mentioned before, I am a huge fan of Disney movies. One of my favorites is Hercules. In the Disney version of the story, after imprisoning the Titans beneath the ocean, the Greek gods Zeus and his wife Hera have a son named Hercules. While the other gods are joyful, Zeus' jealous brother Hades (Lord of the Underworld) plots to overthrow Zeus and rule Mount Olympus. Turning to the Fates for help, Hades learns that in eighteen years, a planetary alignment will allow Hades to locate and free the Titans to conquer Olympus, but only if Hercules does not fight. As is the case with every Disney movie the hero is victorious. Hercules saves the day and the Hades' plans are thwarted.

Hades failed to meet all the conditions that would result in his victory. You must meet the required conditions in order for something to occur, mustn't you? Certain things must happen before we get the result we want; or any result for that matter! For instance, to be born, to breathe and to talk, certain conditions must be met. Breath requires air and lungs. Birth requires a sperm and an egg. Talking requires a brain, a mouth, teeth, a tongue and some type of language. Everything relies on the necessary conditions. Right? No. Love is unconditional. Love requires no conditions. You don't need eyes to see or ears to hear. You don't need skin to feel or blood in order to bleed. These things happen unconditionally...without conditions. Certain criteria need not be met for the sun to shine or the wind to blow. Leaves dance within the treetops without wind. They dance unconditionally... without needing or depending on anything. You are without conditions.

"Unconditional" means just that; without conditions. Everything that is "happening" is doing so unconditionally. There are no conditions or conditioning. Nothing occurs "because..." or "in order to..." or "as a result of...".

Everything is a cause, without an effect. there are not conditions to meet to reach "heaven". There are no conditions to meet to reach "hell". So...where does that leave you?






11 comments:

  1. I kind of like "everything is an effect without a cause," myself ;')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I can't seem to make up my mind but "everything is a cause" seemed to work best in this story. :)

      Delete
    2. Isn't everything a cause AND an effect? Seems that everything follows and is followed.

      Delete
  2. Post: Intense! Image: Scary!
    Real Love is like fire... that "surging waters cannot extinguish! Nor can rivers wash it away." Yet without "any" commitment... can get dangerous and damaging like a raging wildfire. Who really likes/wants getting burned/hurt??

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're last line really puzzles me. Is everything just happening without a cause or is everything a cause with an effect or without an effect..??? I'm confused. I know that I don't need my eyes to see because I had an obe and could see everything in front of me. Still puzzled. thanks for a little bit more of an explanation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Epiphany, I've enjoyed your blog, as a lurker. But this post seems to make nonsense of language. Professor Wittgenstein would not be happy, and might box your ears for this one. Me, I'm just confused. You assert that love is unconditional. Really? No conditions? 'Splain me this, please. ~eric. MeridaGOround. c o m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! First, please don't take anything I've said here seriously. While I am wholly sincere in what I write, it is not serious nor is it true (you'll see the subtitle of this blog is "Don't Believe Anything You Read Here"). The second you believe, understand and conclude anything, you've crucified yourself...again. Remain curious. Remain at the question. Now for a sincere (but not serious) reply to the questions. This post is closely related to the post "Lost in Space", where I posit that the opposite of left t is not right, it's space and the opposite of up is not down; it's space. In that post I was saying that up does not depend on down; one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Likewise, in this post "condition" is an influence, agent or situation that brings about something else. Love is not a condition (an agent, influence or situation that causes something to happen) nor is it "conditional" (selective or dependent upon something else). It simply is. If it's a cause then all of it is cause. If it's effect then all of it is effect...which also means none of it is. Whatever it is it's absolute, undivided and unconditional. And that's not even true because those words limit and divide. You can only change a thought system from within that thought system, but at some point it's seen for what it really is...not a thought with many separate thoughts but one thought of separation. Then at some point you just cease to speak because nothing more can be said. I hope you don't understand this either. Remain there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, perhaps you remember the future better than the White Queen: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Through_the_Looking-Glass
      Many thanks for the engagement, just the same!
      ~eric. MeridaGOround. c o m

      Delete
  6. I'm so happy with your comment: "I hope you don't understand this either. Remain there." As always, your posts give me the actual experience of what you point to, leaping over the thinky parts. I love that and love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail, you're a jewel and very sweet. It all comes back to "knowing" that we don't know. We go through much anxiety, searching, wondering, figuring out and "getting it" to just realize that we know exactly what amoebas and tree stumps know. Ask them what they know and wait for the answer. My blog will never point that accurately. But it's fun trying!!

      Delete
  7. Thank you. You're replies are very helpful. I don't know anything. Love it!

    ReplyDelete